Readers Theater Purpose:
1. To involve students in the text.
2. To aid in the interpretation of the text, while the students internalize the information.
Rationale: The more engaged the students are in the text, the more they comprehend. Also a good way to motivate students to read more because it is fun.
1. Select a story for script. Have students volunteer for parts.
2. Rehearse production. Students decide on how to use their voice, gestures and facial expressions to portray the character they are reading.
3. Stage the production. May be informal. Act the story in class or in front of an audience.
1. Helps understanding of the characters and their situations.
1. Time and behavioral management may become a problem.
Back to the Directory Please!